Loaded With Goodness

Loaded With Goodness


Smarter Cookies Beginning

Richard Harvey started Smarter Cookies as a business in 2010. He wanted to share the delicious, nutritious, healthful and Low Glycemic snacks and desserts he developed to address his health challenges. His synergistic recipes include up to 6 ingredients shown in clinical trials to have helped improve cholesterol. The most important ingredients in Smarter Cookies, chosen because of their research-proven benefits, are whole grain and organic.


We want people to feel good after they have finished our cookies, and share the joy.

stuff and stuff

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Nutrition Talk - A Survivor's Take

A good friend of ours recently joined us for dinner. The topic of conversation was the best strategy for growing Smarter Cookies. He pointed out that Smarter Cookies story isn’t so much about cookies as it is about empowerment, savvy choices and some really good luck. He had some pretty good points.

I recently changed Smarter Cookies Mission Statement to “Smarter Cookies’ Passions”.
When I get to do demos, I know that the customers can feel my passion for sound nutrition and delicious food. When I begin to describe the adversities I have faced, the connection becomes far deeper.

I’m writing because I wanted to connect with more people who can benefit from what I have learned. The truth is, I’m a very fortunate human. I’ve survived a Stage 3 brain tumor for just under 6 years with no recurrences. 5 ½ years ago my neurosurgeon told me this tumor would likely come back and kill me within 6-18 months. Some people have called me a miracle man. Is it a miracle that brought me this far in the journey or just wise choices? I don’t think it matters a whole lot. I once told an energy healer who asked if I would allow her to work on me that I was willing to accept any help I could get.

Part of accepting help has been about helping myself, becoming empowered. This death defying adventure has been very educational. Despite disabling outcomes, I’ve managed to accomplish a lot. I want to begin sharing my lessons with the world, not only in the form of Smarter Cookies

, but also through written communication. I will be sharing about specific tools I have acquired, what I have learned by self-educating in the face adversity and by clearly defining my desires.

Expect a series of blogs on all of the things that have worked best toward my healing. The impetus for my acquisition of knowledge and for my desire to share what I have learned was a visit to my Neuro Oncologist (Brain Chemo Doc). He informed me that my cholesterol was too high, that he was putting me on Zocor. I didn’t like that idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers